Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life, Love: One Sunday


Sunday morning.  Father’s Day. 
My father has "gone on to be with the Lord."  I didn’t have a great relationship with him, but in the end, I loved him, he loved me and all is forgiven.
Even as a youngster, I knew I didn’t want my children to go through what I did.  At the age of 14 7/8, how could I have known what kind of father “this guy” I was dating would be?  I didn’t have to.  God knew and He had already planned this answer to my prayers. He brought this wonderful boy into my life who matured into the most wonderful man, husband, father and friend God could have blessed me with.
I am infinitely thankful for the father of my children.  In him, God gifted my children with the most awesome protector, advocate and teacher.  This man loves our girls unconditionally with compassion, fairness, discipline and guidance.  He has an uncanny ability to know just the right thing to say and do.  He has a natural way of turning the girls' most stressful conversations into laughter and resolution.  He has that effect on me too.
Our oldest daughter is grown and has graduated, married and moved out.  Now, she and her husband are blessing us with our first grandchild, a little girl.  Of course, we are ecstatic and impatient.  My heart is overjoyed as I picture the future with our granddaughter.  What an awesome grandfather my husband is going be.  My heart nearly explodes with joy as I imagine this little girl falling in love with her grand paw.
I thank God every day that He blesses me and my girls with this man who loves Him and stands up to defend His values and morality.  What a blessing it is to know God answered my prayers in such an abundant way, for me, for our girls and our future.  Happy Father’s Day RJ…my One love.

No comments:

Post a Comment